Just to spread a little cheer and share a little of my life:
The Top Ten Things I’ve Learned as the Wife of a Marine
1. I’m actually not the wife of a Marine; I’m the wife of the Marine Corps, the whole shebang.
2. I have learned (from #1) that I am not in charge of the universe (and this is a good thing!).
3. There is a steady paycheck, no questions asked (until somebody messes up the LES).
4. My life is always an adventure!
5. I have met some of the sweetest people I have ever known, and their enrichment has changed my life forever.
6. My husband gets the chance to jump out of an airplane, and I don’t have to worry about how we’re going to pay for it.
7. He looks really hot in his dress blues.
8. Free gym, free library (no overdue fees!), free health insurance, free parking at the beach.
9. I get to experience “firsts” every time my Marine comes home; we get a fresh chance at our first kiss, our first cry, our first date, our first parenting drama….
10. I have the pride and joy of knowing that my husband is serving and protecting our country, and that is my favorite thing of all. My heart swells every time I think of who he is, what he stands for, and how he sacrifices for our freedom.