We cooked our food on a big old wood stove. Wood was cut for this stove with two people cutting down a pine tree or oak with a cross-cut saw–one on each end pulling the blades across to cut off lengths to fit the fire box on the stove. All this was a process of learning. Great were the days that have allowed additional knowledge to apply when the time of electricity and new conveniences came along. I’m grateful for those days of learning and foundation formed; I grew more each day to fill my place in life, sharing and doing good.
Menu Plan from Audrey
I haven’t decided yet which of Big Mommy’s recipes to try this week (any requests? – leave a comment below! – and if you need a suggestion, here are my Top Ten Recipes from Big Mommy), but I’ll let you know when I do. I have to say that baking Big Mommy’s cookies with Little Girl last week was so much fun!
Our leftovers lasted way longer than I thought they would, so we didn’t get to all the meals I had planned last week. It made cooking easy, that’s for sure! Without further ado, here’s this week’s plan:
* Monday: Chef salad with leftover Buffalo/BBQ chicken, garden-fresh tomatoes, boiled eggs, and whatever else I find that’s interesting in my refrigerator. Hehe.
* Tuesday: Roasted Veggie Soup from the freezer, biscuits on the side
* Wednesday: Chicken tenders, Memaw’s green beans (she was my Memaw first!), homemade macaroni and cheese
* Thursday: Spaghetti, garden salad
* Friday: Tacos/burritos with homemade refried beans from the freezer
Weekend: Possible date night and/or eating with friends
Breakfasts: Pancakes, Omelettes, Fruit, Cereal
Lunches: Sandwiches, Leftovers, Salads
And there you have it, folks! What’s on your plate this week?